Friday, August 17, 2012

May I Cut In?


I have been convalescing this week after 8 weeks of wearing down my immune system. I had been working and travelling at a pace that my body could not keep up with until it finally gave up on me and I was forced to stop. Luckily (or rather, in God's timing) it was the start of my 10 day break from work and other commitments. This time allowed me to consider the effect of interruptions on a FU3Led Life.

In an earlier post, I posited on the role of rest. The difference being that one usually considers rest a welcome break while an interruption is a nuisance. Like many things in life, it becomes a matter of attitude and you can choose to see any break - planned or not - as a time for reflection and revaluation. Naturally when you are sick, you begin with self-pity but you can turn the tide and look at what the time away is teaching you. It is always good to see that the world continues to work without you and realize that if you make a change, others will adapt. A good question to ask yourself is, "Does how and where I am spend most of my time and effort accurately represent my goals and beliefs?" and if the answer isn't "yes" without any conditions then consider how you can change that.

When you settle back into normalcy after an interruption, there is a period of adjustment - that time where you take the steps needed to get back to where you were. An interruption forces instant awareness so that you can return to that state after the cause for interruption passes. That awareness is an asset! You can intentionally set new habits and routine that can FU3L you more effectively as you set your course back on track. As we are returning to school, work, family, etc after our vacations let us come back to the food, fitness, and faith we will use to FU3L our lives. And the next time something unexpected comes along, welcome it with open arms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment